Reduce Your Debts by 40%, 50%, or even 60% ! | Be Free from Debt in 12-36 months | Avoid Creditor Harassment | Consolidate Your Payments to One per Month | Avoid Bankruptcy | Free, no risk, consultation | Debt-Free, Money Back Guarantee Program | Take Back Control of Your Life | first step to get debt free? | Debt at least $10,000 owed to creditors | fix your financial situation | path to become debt free | best solution right now to help fix your debt | to your financial difficulties | getting nowhere paying minimums each month | | already past due, no way out of debt | can't pay off the balances on your own | can't get a loan or a refi to pay it off | Learn about your options to reduce your debt |
Your Five Debt Reduction Options
Are you struggling to make the minimum payments on your credit card balances? Are you living paycheck to paycheck? Is debt affecting other aspects of your life? Maybe you're receiving those annoying creditor calls at work, during meals with family, or late at night. During hardship (divorce, illness, layoff, business failure, reduction in hours or pay), you may have fallen behind in your bills. If any or all of these situations sound familiar then you may require relief through debt reduction.
Our team at Debt Center USA understands your situation and we are here to help. We believe our debt settlement plan is the most powerful way to reduce unsecured debt while avoiding bankruptcy. Below are the strengths and weaknesses of the five most common debt reduction options: minimum payments, credit counseling, home equity loans, DEBT SETTLEMENT (debt negotiation), and bankruptcy. Each strategy has its own strengths and weaknesses depending on your particular situation.
Option 1: Continue with just the Minimums or No Payments at all
* Average interest rates typically exceed 15% and creditors can raise your rates at any time.
* Minimum payments result in interest only payments with little affect on the principle balance.
* If your interest rates over 24%, it is impossible to pay off your debt by making just the minimum payments.
* Your debt-to-income ratio will never improve significantly if you pay just the minimums each month.
* There is no guarantee that your minimum payments will not increase as creditors keep the right to raise interest rates at will.
* Missing payments or stopping payments altogether will damage your credit while not eliminating any debt in the process.
> If you are paying just the minimums each month, behind on payments, or stopped paying altogether, then you need a plan to get immediate help and fix your financial situation for the future. ==> Click Here to learn about Debt Settlement
Option 2: Credit Counseling
* Credit Counseling companies are often funded by the same creditors that you owe.
* Credit Counseling is like another form of "collections" in that they charge interest and fees and simply disperse payments to your creditors.
* Credit Counseling consolidates your bills into one convenient monthly payment.
* It usually takes 5 to 6 years to pay down debt in a Credit Counseling program.
* During the first three years, you will pay nearly 25% of your original balance in interest alone.
* Credit Counseling companies have pre-negotiated interest rates with your creditors that may be higher, lower, or the same as your current rates.
* Credit Counseling forces you to repay the full balance plus interest to your creditors.
* Credit Counseling companies often charge a setup free and monthly fee, often called a donation.
* Monthly fees can range from $20 to $50.
* Credit Counseling companies pay your creditors so you can remain current with your creditors while in the program.
* Credit Counseling will not have a negative effect on your FICO score; however, it will usually lead to "Credit Counseling", "CC", or "Credit Management" marks on your credit report. These marks are not viewed in a positive light by lenders.
* Some mortgage lenders consider Credit Counseling as being on par with bankruptcy.
Option 3: Consolidation Loan or Home Equity Loan
* Securing a home equity or consolidation loan requires certain qualifications.
* Home equity loans require ownership of Real Estate property or a pledge of collateral.
* The future equity available in your property is reduced when you use home equity loans.
* Home equity loans can be used to eliminate your credit card balances through a lower interest rate if you qualify.
* Home equity loan rates are typically much lower than credit card interest rates.
* You will likely be required to pay a transaction fee upon closing your home equity loan. The fee is either paid upfront or built into the interest rate.
* Missing payments on home equity loans may cause you to lose the real estate or other collateral that you pledged.
* You will be able to repay the full amount of your credit card balances.
* The process of paying credit cards with home equity loans is exchanging unsecured debt for a secured debt.
* Home equity loans do not have a negative effect on your FICO score but they do not lower your debt to income ratio until you repay the home equity loan itself.
Option 4: Debt Settlement , (Debt Negotiation)
* Debt settlement (also known as debt negotiation) and is simply the process of negotiating lump settlements on your unsecured debt.
* Debt settlement firms negotiate your entire principle balance down, regardless of the interest and finance charges that creditors try to add on your account.
* Debt settlement companies are independent and not affiliated with your creditors.
* Debt settlement companies charge fees but may finance the fees over time.
* Your debt can be paid off anywhere between three months and three years depending on the availability of your cash.
* Payments are not made directly to your creditors during debt settlement. This causes an open delinquency on your credit until the debts are settled.
* Debt settlement is not a positive on your credit and may adversely affect your FICO score.
* Debt settlement lowers your debt to income ratio faster than any other debt reduction option aside from bankruptcy. Your debt to income ratio is a significant factor used by lenders to qualify you for a loan.
* Debt settlement typically results in a 40 to 60 percent discount on your principle balance.
Option 5: Chapter 7 Bankruptcy or Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
* Bankruptcy has a severe negative impact on your credit rating for 7 to 10 years.
* Bankruptcy filing fees alone may amount to $1,000 and that doesn't even include attorney fees.
* Bankruptcy can have a negative impact on your employment status.
* Chapter 13 bankruptcy may still force you to repay 25 to 75 percent of your debt.
* Chapter 7 bankruptcy will eliminate all of your unsecured debt.
* Bankruptcy will stop most creditors from attempting to collect your debts.
* Bankruptcy hurts your FICO score and may result in higher interest rates on future loans.
* Bankruptcy should be avoided at all costs as it carries a negative stigma, mental stress and other burdens.
Do you know someone in debt? >To Email them this article click here. <>
Debt Center USA
"Save money now and build for the future."
What kind of Debt can we help with?
* Unsecured debts
* Credit cards
* Personal loans
* Medical bills
* Store cards
* Collections debts
We do not work with:
* secured debt problems
* car loans
* student loans
* IRS and tax debt
GET A FREE QUOTE
fill out your information
Debt Center USA
Copyright 2008 by "Debt Center USA, LLC"
All Rights reserved